Thursday, August 2, 2012

Winter Made on the Left Market

I was naughty and forgot to mention I'd be at the Made on the Left market last weekend, I posted about it on facebook but I've been neglecting my blog a little (if you haven't already 'liked' eeva margita on FB go do it now to keep up to date with new happenings http://www.facebook.com/eevamargita ).

I took my camera and snapped some pics at the end of the day when the crowd had quietened down and I could have a little breather. There were some seriously amazing things there! I felt a little like I was at the Finders Keepers market (or how I imagine it would feel since I have sadly never been to one). The quality was amazing and I wish I had lots of money to go buy all the pretty things. But I had to be content with just taking photos, which I will share with you all and perhaps you will see something you like!

This is a bit of a mega post so prepare yourself for lots of photos!

motl32

motl33

motl34
I was able to do photos from a balcony (Finders Keepers style hehe), doesn't it look so cool! The market was held in the State Theatre.

motl1
Photos of some of my new things - a few new hand painted mahogany pendants.

motl2
Hand stitched and embroidered felt brooches. I love the bunny ones I made!! I don't normally fall in love too much with my own work (I'm a harsh personal critic!), but this one my excitement about it rose stitch by stitch. I'll have some in the etsy shop soon.

motl3
Little Finnish cottages, I wish my place looked like this.

motl4
I made washi tape bunting to hang above my table, it's a little hard to see but you get the gist!

motl5
My neighbour Little Mo & Friends, she always has such an amazing looking stall, so jealous!

motl6
Lovely pod necklace by Eden Dreams.

motl7
Also by Eden Dreams.

motl8
This necklace was so hard to get a photo of! The lighting was a little dark in this area so combined with my shaky hands it was tough but I managed to get one that was reasonably in focus. Necklace by Novella-Ria.

motl11

motl10
This photo and the above photo are sweet mother and daughter dresses by Dizzy Daisy. If I had a child I would have snapped up several of those outfits!

motl13

motl12

motl15

motl14
Aren't all these felted foxes and bunnies, plate necklaces so so wonderful?! All made by A Story Of.

motl16

motl17

motl18
These 3 photos feature Enid Twiglet (best name ever!).

motl19
Lovely softies by Anna Hadwin.

motl20

motl21
Tall Rabbit make seriously the cutest things ever!

motl23
The most beautiful letterpressed coasters by Fluid Ink.

motl24
This is one of the nicest stalls I saw there. It's a small collective of friends called Small Things.

motl25
I don't who made these out of the collective but they are so cute! A friend bought me the pug one as a house warming gift, it's going to look perfect in my display cupboard.

motl27

motl28

motl29
Amazing illustrator Natasha Muhl, who is also very nice to chat to.

motl30
These owls were part of her display and she let me take one home!

motl31
And last but not least, Moss & Twig. I would never have the patience to sew each of those scales individually so I am in absolute awe of her.

So as you can see it was a great day, I had fun meeting new people (for a bit of an introvert like me that's not very often, I tend to shy away from talking to people I'm not familiar with) and I am so so excited for future Made on the Left's!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful beautiful photos Niina! I adore the green cupboard, wish it was on sale at the market!! :P I love your new things too, they are so damn sweet & lovely! Fun day:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Pics Niina, I so wish I was there to see all the stores in person.

    ReplyDelete